The POLARIS facility possess 180m² of clean rooms (ISO8 and ISO5 locally with laminar fluxes). These clean rooms are dedicated to the test and integration of critical optical components and complex systems (particularly for space applications).
Some standard experimentation labs are also available for applications which do not require high level of cleanliness.
Equipments for the metrology of critical space optical components (mainly in clean rooms):
- Moller-Wedel Fizeau phase-sifting interferometer (V100), mounted on an optical ruler and with reference spheres (flat, f/1.2, f/3, f/6)
- chromatic confocal profilometer (STIL Micromesure 2) with 300x30mm scanning and chromatic objectives with 150µm and 1000µm measuring ranges
- white-light interferential microscope (WYKO NT-9100) with x5, x10, x50 objectives
- clean room spectrophotometer (Perkin-Elmer Lambda 1050) with additional fiber-fed bench for grating and grism efficiency measurement
- standard room spectrophotometer (Perkin-Elmer Lambda 900)
- profile projector (Schneider)
- goniophotometer (STIL Reflet-180) for measurement of optical scattering
Equipments for the characterization, the integration and the alignment of optical components and systems:
- Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensors: Imagine Optic HASO 32 and HASO 64; Optocraft SHSCam
- Lateral-shearing interferometers: Phasics SID4-HR and SID2-SWIR-HR
- Alignment tools: theodolites (Kern and Nikon), MATs (Taylor-Hobson), autocollimators (Moller-Wedel and Newport)
- Integrating spheres (Labsphere)
- Diverse equipments and tools for dedicated bench development: lasers (lasers, diode lasers, supercontinuum…), calibration lamps, large mirrors (flat, spheres, off-axis parabola), optical components (lenses, prisms, gratings, filters…), detectors and cameras, mechanical supports and translation stages, optomechanics…
- gluing station with pressurized air
- mobile volumetric gluing station
- climatic chamber.