The Pythéas Institute is involved, through the participation of LAM and CeSAM, in several National Observation Action Plan #5 (ANO-5, Action Nationale d’Observation) “Centres for data processing, archiving, and dissemination” services approved by INSU.
Pythéas is responsible for the ANO-5 ASPIC (Archives Spectrophotométriques Publiques Intégrées au CeSAM or Archive of Spectrophotometry Publicly available In CeSAM) service. ASPIC is a database of value-added products generated from data of large photometric and spectroscopic surveys.
Thanks to the LAM and CeSAM’s expertise on the processing of this kind of data, we provide the community with these value-added informations:
- Estimations of galaxy physical parameters computed with Le Phare or CIGALE, using the Gazpar service.
- Spectroscopic measurements computed with Slinefit.
ASPIC data are available through a dedicated web page (https://cesam.lam.fr/aspic/) as well as in the Virtual Observatory.
Pythéas is responsible for the ANO-5 Gazpar (Galaxy redshifts and physical parameters).Gazpar is a service offered to the community to execute on their data analyses with programs on which LAM ‘s astronomer have an expertise.
Gazpar users can upload their photometric catalogues and parametrize analyses with the following software:
- Le Phare, to compute photometric redshifts or physical parameters
- CIGALE, to compute physical parameters
- HyperZ , to compute photometric redshifts or physical parameters
- BEAGLE, to compute photometric redshifts or physical parameters, in collaboration with the Institut d’Astrophysique de Paris.
The requests are then checked and executed by the expert astronomer, usually the person who develops the software, and the results are sent back to the user with personalised comments.
The Gazpar service is available at https://gazpar.lam.fr/.
DIVA is a database dedicated to data from High Contrast Imaging surveys. It is available at https://cesam.lam.fr/diva/.
If you want to apply to an “astronomer” position with a service duty on one of our ANO-5 services, please look at this page.